My Dear Teacher
Do you want to teach squash, beer-tasting or maybe watercolor class? Do you want to expand your experience of living in Taiwan? You are very welcome to join MyDearTeacher! We are a 3-year-old startup that offers fun classes in English. We are looking for teachers who want to teach something that they like (not English grammar!). In doing so, we believe that people can be better and happier at teaching, also the students can have more fun. If you are interested in joining us but not sure what classes you could offer, please check MDT Programming to get some ideas:). And of course we are open to any new topics, please let us know your idea and we will help find students!
MDT's goal is to create a platform where teachers can enjoy the flexibility of deciding what, when and where they teach, along with how many hours they teach (depending on if the students like the class though). Teachers are not hired by MDT, instead, we see teachers as our users. Our staff members will help teachers get started and make their classes appealing, we will help find students and we support our teachers so they can make their class experience even better! (For instance we offer classrooms for teachers to host classes in.) Likewise, we will verify teachers’ personality in order to maintain the quality of the listed classes. At current, we anticipate adding 2 new teacher to the platform each month.
Class format can be very flexible, too. After all, wine tasting can be very different from current affair class. If you have ideas in mind, we will help to finalize the class plan. If you are not sure at all, please let us know your class topics, we will help figure out:)
We have only adult students that average around 30 years of age, they want to experience something new, to make friends and to practice English in a casual setting. They like traveling, learning languages and socializing with people, the English level for most of our audience hovers around intermediate (B1) with some beginners and advanced.
At times, a class will not have the required number of students to launch. When this happens we are forced to delay and occasionally cancel. Of course we strive to avoid this situation, however each month between 10-15% of classes are impacted.
- MDT will help teachers find students and it will charge 21.4% of the class revenue.
- You can keep your classes listed from month to month so you can continue teaching what you love.
- We host classes at weeknights and weekends.
- We offer venues for teachers to host classes in, now we have 5 locations. (Guting, Taipei Main, City Hall, ZhongXiao, Daan)
- Please check teaching tips and payment policy, please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.
- Create your teacher profile through this Google form. MDT will review and contact the applicants that might fit this model well.
- We will contact you to schedule a meeting so you can know better about us.
- (Optional): We recommend to observe a current class to better understand our system.
- Then, create your own classes, so the students can start signing up! We will need 3 weeks to promote a class.
- Start teaching at MDT :)