My Dear Teacher
MDT is a 3-year-old startup that offers small-sized, discussion based English classes for adult students. We are looking for teachers who want to teach something that aligns with their personal interests and or lived experience. In other words, not English grammar! We believe in doing so not only will teachers feel a sense of satisfaction, but students will also have a more enjoyable experience. Aside from deciding your own topics, you can also enjoy the flexibility of scheduling your own classes (in terms of time and location), and all while expanding your experience living in Taiwan!
It can be any topics! If you have ideas and you are willing to share the knowledge, please pitch us:) Currently our classes cover a range of categories, such as Business, News, Language Arts, Cultures, Life Skills ... and so on! You can check our FB fan page to see the listed classes: MDT Facebook Fan Page; currently the most popular classes are business-related topics, Psychology, Sociology, Design, Critical Thinking, Wine Tasting, Coffee Tasting ...etc.
Students average around 30 years of age, and they are mostly working professionals who want to learn knowledge, practice English in a casual setting and meet new friends. Students want to practice using to English to talk about a topic that they are interested in. Stress levels are low, opportunity to participate is high. Most students are at intermediate level (B1), while some are lower (A2) and few are at advanced (B2+).
- The hourly rate is currently at $800/hour NTD. Each class meets once a week for 90 minutes. Each class includes 4 sessions. (4 x 90 minutes). On average teachers teach 2 sessions per week.
- The average class will range from 4-8 students.
- We host classes at weeknights and weekends, and hours are flexible.
- We try to select a conveniently located classroom for each teacher. (Guting, Taipower Building, ZhongXiaoFuXing and Daan.)
- Teachers make and own their materials, we provide sample so making a class can be very easy. In the first place, you may need to invest 1-2 hours setting up your class page, however, you can always keep the same page listed every month for new students.
- Currently there are 20 teachers hosting classes with MDT! And we are always keen on enlisting new teachers.
- Passionate, responsible at work and willing to share your knowledge.
- Native speakers or near-native speakers.
- Bachelor degree or hands-on experiences
- Teaching experience is a plus, social skills are more important.
- Preferably who plan to stay in Taiwan for more than 6 months.
*If you are interested in joining us and you want to know more about our model, please take a moment to read the 2 pages introduction.
If you like our teaching philosophy and it seems like it aligns with your own. Then contact us today! Please fill out the form, we will contact you to schedule a meeting so we can learn more about each other!
If you have any questions, please feel free to write us a email! Please direct your mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org; you can also find our fan page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mydearteacher.tw/; thank you:)